Monday, October 12, 2020

ENTANGLEMENT 4

Friday came sooner than expected, Muna endeavored to meet Khalid as early as possible to avoid any complaint of lateness from him.

With the help of the makeup artist, Muna facial look was completely changed but looked so beautiful, Khalid admitted to that fact, also the fashion stylist made sure that the costumes she wore were on point.

In less than two hours, the photo shoot was over and it was dark already, after getting ready to go home, Muna walked up to Khalid to let him know that she would be leaving.

“Come on, why are you so much in a hurry?” He asked her.

“It’s late already” She answered him, he urged her to wait for him for a moment while he sorted out some issues, when he was done he went to meet her where she stood.

“So you want to let all this glamour go to waste?” He asked her

“What glamour?”

“They way you look off course, the makeup, the dress, all for nothing huh?”

“So what do you want me to do?” Muna said has she folded her arms, looking at him

“I want to take you out, I’ll tell you what, I know this nice bar not far from here, it’s Friday and it’s going to be fun, karaoke, dance bla bla bla, trust me Muna you are going to like it” He sounded convincing, after persuading her she eventually gave in to the idea, a little bit of fun wasn’t bad after all, she thought.

The bar was so crowded but was worth spending some time there, they ordered for drinks and asun and they were served accordingly

“You look beautiful Muna” He mentioned while they sipped their drinks

“This will be umpteenth time that you will be telling me this Khalid, and it’s freaking me out”

“Don’t let it freak you out, I’m just stating the obvious, this will actually be the first time I’ll notice how good my makeup artist is”

“Oh so you think I’m not beautiful without makeup”

“I didn’t say that Muna” He laughed till he choked “Stop putting words in  my mouth” He coughed until he was relieved, “I hope you had fun today?”

“Oh yes, I did, you can’t imagine how interesting today was for me, an experience I won’t forget in a long while, and I have you to thank for that”

“It’s okay, I’m just glad you liked everything that happened today”

“Yeah I did”

There were side attractions in the bar, music playing and the host cracking jokes that everyone present there found funny, Muna and Khalid paused to listen to the jokes, and Khalid watched Muna laugh, she noticed how serious Khalid glanced at her but she preferred to ignore him

“So tell me Muna, have you every thought of getting into a relationship?” he asked after the jokes and crannies paused, the question sounded at little repulsive that she wished she could dodge it

“Well, I don’t know” she sighed, “Not that I don’t mind getting into a relationship, okay, let me just say, I’ve not met the kind of guy I’d love to be with”

“I don’t believe that to be your reason, I think you are just scared and you doubt that you would ever find someone that will love you despite you having a kid”

“That’s part of it though, I don’t want a player, I want something real, but most guys wouldn’t want to end up with a single mother”

“No, no, no” he grabbed her hands, “Don’t think like that, don’t you ever look down on yourself, listen, maybe no one has ever told you this, I want you to know that you are an amazing young lady, you are special, it only takes a responsible man to see that in you, having a child is not a limitation” She stared at him as he spoke, his words touched her soul but deep down she found it so difficult to accept what he said to her

“It’s only you that thinks that of me” She told him, he was about to say something when his phone rang, he checked who the caller was and dropped the phone afterwards

“Why don’t you pick your call Khalid”

“I can’t pick it here, it’s noisy, I will call back when we get out of here” He said hoping to continue his conversation

“It’s getting late, I think we should leave” she was obviously getting bored of the environment

“But we are not through with our discussion”

“I know, I get your point okay, but you see, if I’m ever going to find someone that will love me and my daughter I won’t hesitate to give the person the chance, but for now, let things be the way it is”

“Muna”

“Khalid, I’m tired please take me home”

“Alright fine, I’ve always known you are one stubborn chic”

“Yeah yeah, I know that too”

Khalid and Muna stood up to leave the premises, this time around she didn’t mind if he dropped her home, she was too tired to look for another means of transportation.

It was a smooth drive to her house, they talked less and enjoyed the solemn music that played from the car stereo until they finally reached her destination

“So you live here with your friend?” Khalid asked

“Yeah, anything wrong?”

“No, No nothing is wrong, I’m just….. anyway never mind, it’s nothing” His phone rang again, he checked, it was the same caller at the bar

“I guess you can pick the call now” she insisted and he answered the call when it rang the second time

“Hello, yeah, I’m fine, I’m on my way home, I’ll be home in about 45 minutes, the traffic is kind of tight but I’ll be home soon…..okay, how’s Hakeem? Oh he’s sleeping already, alright then, okay no problem, love you too” He took a quick glance at Muna as he said the last words, she gave a delightful smile

“So you have a girlfriend?” She asked when he ended the call

“Well not a girlfriend, a wife” He uttered

“What! You are married?” She exclaimed

“Yes Muna I’m married with a son”

“Wow, wow, why didn’t you never mention it to me?”

“What difference would it have made?”

“I would have been more careful not to let myself…… oh God I can’t believe this”

“You are falling for me right?”

“Oh please”

“Come on Muna, I knew it was going to come to this, I was still going to let you know”

“So you think now is the best time?”

“Well you just had to know now”

“Because you had to pick the call so you dear wife won’t suspect you are up to something” Muna ranted

“Don’t be like that Muna, the truth is I’m beginning to like you too”

“Is that suppose to make me feel better”

“I just told you how I feel about you, you never asked me if I was married, that’s why you didn’t know until now”

“So it’s my fault you lied to me”

“Lied, I didn’t lie to you, we have never talked about me been married”

“You don’t even look like someone who is married” He smiled “How old is your son?”

“He will be three by November, I’ve been married for five years”

“Wow!” She said as she checked if he was with a ring

“I lost it 3 years after my marriage”

“What?”

“My ring, you were checking if I had one on”

“I wonder why married man always lost their rings, its very common among you guys”

He signed and said “ But on a serious note Muna, now that you have known that I am married, I don’t want anything to change between us” He held her hands again “I find you amazing and fun to be with and I really want to be close to you”

“I don’t know Khalid, you are married, that’s one major fact that can’t be over looked, I don’t want to be a distraction between you and your wife”

“You are not going to be, if possible forget that I’m married, and concentrate on building our friendship…..please Muna” He pleaded with so much enthusiasm

“I don’t know what to say, let’s just see how it goes”

“Fine, that’s fine by me”

Khalid smiled and she did too, she got down from the car after hugging him, they could feel the attraction that seemed so strong to last for a life time, she walked into the house with the hope of seeing him again.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

As the moment went by, Toke noticed she was beginning to feel something different for Sunkanmi, apparently he had the most gorgeous smile sh...