Muna and Jennifer were at home this day, Jennifer was amending her clothes with a thread and a needle while Muna was with her phone chatting and also giggling, Jennifer would stare at her wondering what was making her seem excited, she didn’t hesitate to ask.
“I wonder
what is thrilling you” Muna did not respond, she was so engrossed with what she
was doing “Muna!” Jennifer called for her attention “ Who is making you blush
like this?”
“Was that
why you shouted my name like that, please it's none of your business”
“I just hope
it’s not Khalid”
“And what if
he’s the one?”
“He shouldn’t
be the one and you know that, he is married for crying out loud”
“He is
married for crying out loud” Muna mimicked Jennifer “like I didn’t know that
before, please leave me alone”
“I must
confess, I’m surprised, I’m surprised that you would allow yourself to get
attracted to him”
“You don’t understand”
“Understand
what?”
“You don’t understand
how it feels talking with him, he is such a sweet man, nice caring,
interesting, he’s just everything” She reacted to words as she spoke
“And he’s
married” Jennifer interrupted, which made Muna stare at her with annoyance
“Stop it
Jenny”
“Listen
Muna, you need to be careful, you are falling too hard for him and it's not good
for you”
“I know right,
but mehn, he makes me feel good”
“So you are
already having sex with him” Muna looked at Jennifer, she was surprised at the statement she made “You know you can tell me right, are you having sex with him?”
“Not yet”
She answered
“Not yet
huh? Meaning you will soon right?”
“Jennifer!”
Muna felt a little embarrassed
“What is it?”
“You don’t understand
how things are with Khalid and I”
“What don’t I
understand? Is it the part of where you are falling for him or where you will
soon have sex with a married man?”
“Hey Jenny, don’t
judge me, Khalid and I are just good friends”
“You can
call it whatever you like, but just know that you need to be careful, so you
won’t be the one to lose, he can never be yours, he is taken, never forget
that” Jennifer stood and walked out of the room
Muna
pondered over what Jennifer said before she left, she agreed that all Jennifer
told her was true but was difficult to accept. It’s been a month of knowing
Khalid and they happened to get really close has time went by, they would chat
all day and night, they would have deep conversations that made them get used
to each other
Khalid liked
her a lot, she seemed to know what to do and what to say every time just to make
him happy, she became someone he shared his thoughts with, someone he never
feels bored talking to, someone he always looked forward to seeing. Khalid loved and respected his wife, no doubt about that, but the way he feels about Muna
was a different kind of feeling, he admired her strength and ability to pull
through any circumstances, she was also the most beautiful girl he has ever
seen.
Muna has
been a lonely girl when it comes to romance, it has been a long time she got attention from
any man, Khalid seemed to have shown her another kind of affection, he was a
great companion, it was just so sad that they couldn’t be more than friends
even though she wanted more from the relationship that existed between them.
Still deep
in thought, Muna got distracted at the sound of her phone ringing, It was
Khalid
“Hello” She
said with her always gentle voice
“Hey babe,
what’s up, you are no longer responding, you got busy?”
“Not really,
Jenny needed my attention to something”
“Hope no
issue?”
“Nope, she’s
gone already”
“Alright”
“Why are you
calling me while at home?”
“I love
talking to you, so I’ll call when I feel the need to, besides I just stepped
out of the house, I have something to tell you”
“Okay, I’m
listening”
“A friend of
mine will be having his wedding in Abuja in two weeks time, so I was hoping you
won’t mind coming along with me, we’d lodge and just be together, you have always wanted us to have some time together and I feel this will be a perfect
opportunity, or what do you think?” He spoke, meanwhile Muna was so excited,
she was only waiting for him to finish talking so she could express her
excitement
“Really,
wow, this is awesome!” she exclaimed
“You like
the idea?”
“Yeah I do,
oh my God, I honestly can’t wait, It’s been a while I attended a wedding”
“Well I’m
glad you like it, we will talk about how we’ll go about it before then, okay”
“Alright
Khalid, I’m sure it’s going to be a splendid experience”
“Sure babe,
let’s keep chatting, I have to step back into the house”
“Alright, I’ll
text you”
No comments:
Post a Comment