Wednesday, September 9, 2020

TWITTER LOVE 7

Could there be something wrong with me as my aunt assumed, urinating has become painful for me, I felt the pain continuously and I kept having this discharge from my vagina, as much as my Aunt wanted me to go to the hospital, I persuaded her to just get me drugs from the pharmacy which she agreed eventually.

She came back to my bedroom with the drugs that she got from the pharmacy.

"The guy at the pharmacy shop said you have gonorrhea" she said has she handed over the drugs to me with a cup of water.

"What?" I exclaimed before putting the drugs in my mouth

"Take the drugs Eni, we need to talk"

Fear overwhelmed me all of a sudden, I took the drugs and handed over the cup to her, she collected it and dropped it on the floor, that moment I knew I was about to make a disappointing confession to the woman that has always been there for me.

"You are not a child any longer Enitan, so you should know what gonorrhea is, you had sex with an infected person, I need you to tell me when and how it all happened and also who the bastard is"

She was angry, I could see it in her eyes and feel it in her voice

"You better start talking now" She said and I began to narrate everything to her from when I opened a twitter account, to when I got a dm from Charles,  how I fell I love with him and had sex with him at his place

"What Enitan, are you kidding me?, You had sex with someone you barely know"

"I knew him"

"Will you keep quiet, you fool, what did you know about him, you met him on social media and slept with him afterwards, God!, I thought I trained you to be smart" I was already crying "Anyway where is the bastard now" My tears increased as I mentioned that I could no longer get in touch with him on social media or via phone calls

"You see yourself, I'm so disappointed in you, you have behaved like a stupid person" She paused a little and continued "You will be going to the hospital on Friday to have a pregnancy test and HIV test, you better pray and hope these tests comes out negative" She stood up and took a walk out of my room.

The day we were to go the hospital came quickly, we waited for an hour for the results of the tests I took, My Aunt was with me, she was too much of a nice person to leave me this period that I needed her the most

"Aunty please forgive me" I said while we waited but she ignored me, she didn't look sorry for me but I knew deep down she was more worried than I was, Eventually, we were allowed to see the Doctor when the results were available.

I wasn't pregnant but I was HIV positive, imagine how you'd feel if you were in my condition, that was how I felt, my whole world had crumbled, my life was never going to remain the same, it will be full of loneliness and frustration, how was I going to explain to any one that cared to know how I got the virus, who would understand that love led me to this everlasting stigma. The doctor went on and on counselling me about my condition, the usual thing they tell victims of HIV, that it was not the end of the world, It was definitely the end of the world for me, I doubted if I'd ever find true love or even feel it for anyone......I was done for.

My Aunt and I got outside the hospital after all necessary conversation with the doctor and I was told to be coming to hospital for regular check ups, She said to me.

"Let's go see the bastard"

We got to Charles's house and knocked on his door for so long, there wasn't any response. Luckily someone passed and we called the attention of the person, My Aunt spoke instead

"Please excuse me, we are looking for the boy that lives here".

"Ah, Eyah, You people might not have heard, the person you are looking for is dead"

"What!" I screamed

"Dead, how?" My Aunt asked him

"Suicide, He killed himself, drank hypo and died inside his house, this thing happened four days ago, his apartment has been locked since then"

"Wow" My Aunt exclaimed

"Na so we see am oh, we don't even know why he killed himself, its so painful" He took his leave afterwards, I and my Aunt were dumbfounded 

Charles was dead, he took his life, What made him do so?, I had no idea. I doubt if he knew he was HIV positive, who could have known that he was going through a hard time that must have led him to commit suicide, should I say he deserved it for make my life a mess, I wished everything could be a dream I could end by just waking up, I was so devastated, I was pained, despite my plight, suicide was not option, I would just have to learn to live with my condition.




                             THE END              




    


No comments:

As the moment went by, Toke noticed she was beginning to feel something different for Sunkanmi, apparently he had the most gorgeous smile sh...