There comes
a time in our lives, when we meet that one person that suddenly becomes our
favorite person, and then everything that we considered to be the attribute we
want in them becomes less important. Happiness should always be the ultimate
goal not minding the opinions of others. Melody is a story that tells about how
necessary it is to listen when the heart speaks and always trust your instinct.
.........................................................................
“Okay, so
I’m going to get a few things and I’ll be back” Aisha told Toke as she got down
from the car
“Aisha wait,
I beg you, don’t take too long in there” Toke uttered with a pleading tone
“yeah yeah
I’ll try not to, I have a couple of things to pick at the mall, just chill I’ll
be back before you know it” She walked away while Toke took her phone that
has been ringing for few minutes, she contemplated on if she should picked the
call or not as she had no interested in what the caller has to say. Eventually,
on the third dial she picked the call.
“Hello”, She
sounded displeased, the conversation continued “I’m fine Uche, I’ve told you
countless time to stop calling me like this, I don’t like it, every time I
check my phone when it rings, it’s always you, I’m really getting pissed off
with you bugging my life, this has to stop okay” while she expressed her
annoyance, she saw a little girl standing somewhere a little distant from where
her car was parked, she noticed the little girl was crying “I’ll talk to you
later” She said to Uche over the phone
Toke got
down from the car and went to meet the little girl “Hey, what’s wrong with you?
why are you crying?, where are your parents?, your mom or dad?” the girl kept
mute “Okay, you know what, you are going to follow me to my car and we will try
to find your parents okay?” The girl nodded positively, Toke held her hands and
led her to her car and put her at the back seat and then went back to sit at her
usual seat, she dialed Aisha’s number hoping that she will pick the call,
thankfully she did “Aisha get some pies when coming out okay and hurry”
In the next
few minutes Aisha showed up, “Don’t tell me I stayed long because I didn’t” She
said
“Did you get
the pies?”
“Calm down
now, are you that hungry? They didn’t have pies so I got burger” She
immediately noticed the little girl sitting at the back seat “Toke, what’s
going on?”
“Okay, let
me explain, while talking to Uche on the phone, I saw her standing and crying
over there, I decided to bring her here”
“Are you
okay? Really Toke, a lost child, what if someone that knows her, or that knows
that she is missing sees her with you, how will you explain you didn’t kidnap
her?”
“I was going
to take her to the police station when you come back”
“Let us
start going to the police station”
“We will do
that, I want her to eat first” The little girl was given the burger which she
ate with all seriousness
“You don’t
even know if she’s diabolic” Aisha said as Toke started to drive
“She’s just
a little girl Aisha”
“Has she
said anything to you?”
“No she
hasn’t, she’s shy I guess”
“Hi my name
is Aisha, what’s yours?” Aisha asked her, the girl stopped eating and nodded
her head “Why is she nodding?”
“Maybe she
doesn’t want to tell you her name not after showing her you weren’t happy to
see her”
“Or maybe
it’s because she can’t talk, let’s try something” Aisha checked the locker in
car for a paper and a pen and stretched it to the girl “If she can’t talk, she
should be able to write” The pen and paper were given to the girl “Can you tell
us what your name is on the paper”
“Aisha, she’s
too young to understand what you are saying”
“She’s not”
Aisha insisted that the girl should communicate with them via the pen and
paper, she looked at them and collected the pen and paper from Aisha and wrote Hi, my name is Melody and I can’t talk
“I told you
she’s dumb, I knew it”
“Don’t talk
like that”
“Please let’s
start going to the police station, the longer she stay around us the more risky
it is” Aisha eagerly said and Toke concurred, she started the car and drove
away.
It was
difficult getting a police station that was close by, they asked people the saw
around and were given a description to the nearest police station.
When they
got to the police station, they narrated the situation to the officers present,
unfortunately, the officers said the only thing they can do is to help search
for her family, the girl was too young to give them the information they
needed, Toke was told to be responsible for the girl’s wellbeing until her
family is found. Toke delightfully agreed to the discomfort of Aisha who
considered it a risky thing to do. Toke didn’t change her mind so she made all
necessary arrangement with the police officers and she was allowed to take the
little girl home.
Aisha was
left with no choice than to be in support to the decision Toke made, they
separated, Toke dropped her at her house while she drove home in company of
Melody.

No comments:
Post a Comment