Sunkanmi received a call from Rita asking him to meet her at the police station, she told him how to get there over the phone but didn’t give him a clue of what the problem was, she sounded so disturbed so he left what he was doing at that moment and went to the station.
“What’s up,
Are you okay? Why did you have to tell me to come all the way here? Where’s
Melody?” He asked her as soon as he saw her when he got to the station
“I went out
to make my hair and I couldn’t leave Melody all alone in the house so I decided
to take her with me, I don’t even know how it happened, I just noticed that she
wasn’t where I told her to seat”
“You didn’t
notice she wasn’t with you anymore, are you sure you okay”
“I’m sorry
Sunkanmi, but that’s just the way things turned out to be, I’ve reported to the
police and the promised they will find her, just calm down”
Sunkanmi
scornfully looked at her, he was really pissed, and He held her arms tightly as
she groaned in pain “You just pray she is found, or else….or else….” He let go
of her hands and walked into the police station while Rita nursed her arm and
then followed him.
Two days passed and still Melody was yet to be found, this affected Sunkanmi.
Meanwhile, Toke
was showing much love to Melody, she made sure she was comfortable at all cost,
Toke saw her to be a sweet little girl, only that she was dumb, Toke never
considered her disability and loved her regardless, Melody was happy to be with
her knowingly fully well that she will be going to meet her dad very soon.
Toke didn’t
mind taking her to the exotic boutique she owned in town, she wanted her to be
around her always to avoid anything that will cause further problems with the
police officers. Toke was with Melody when her attendants came to inform her
that she had a visitor, she told her to let the person into her office, she
ended up displeased when she saw Uche walk into her office with her attendant,
she asked Melody to go with the attendant so she can be alone with her
uninvited guest who was holding a fancy bag that contained an item he bought
for her
“What do you
want Uche?” She asked him when they were eventually alone
“You were no
longer picking my calls, and I needed to see you”
“What for?
You don’t just show up here without telling me first”
“You weren’t
picking my calls Toke”
“What do you
want?”
“Toke, I
wonder why you do avoid me, I really want you to have a date with me”
“Uche, I
don’t have time for that”
“Come on,
that’s a lie, it’s just dinner, that’s all I’m asking of you”
“Okay, I’ll
call you to tell you when I want it to be”
“You always
say that, and you never do”
“I promise,
this time around I will call okay, just go, I’ll call you when I get home” Uche
wasn’t convinced so he stood and stared at her “I promise I will call you”
“Alright,
I’ll choose to believe you, I know you’re busy right now, I’ll be expecting
your call” he moved closer to her and handed the fancy bag over to her “I got you
this for you, I hope you’d like it”
“Thanks” she
collected it from him
“Take care Toke, I hope to hear from you this evening” He said again and she nodded, he then turned around and took his leave.
Toke felt relieved at his exit, she checked what was in the bag and saw a very beautiful neck chain, which obviously must have cost a lot, she tried it on and liked how it looked on her. It was a beautiful gift that came from someone who wasn’t her favorite person.


1 comment:
Nice one
Post a Comment